So in June 2011 I found out I would be leaving the school I had worked at for 5 years and begin a new position at a new school in the fall. I was upset, scared, afraid, excited, anxious...you name it I think I felt it. It was time. I knew it was time but I didn't want to leave my comfort zone. I didn't want to leave my friends and co workers. I had made many good friends and good
memories at St. Boniface. As a going away present the staff gave me a "Pandora" bracelet and charm. The charm they chose for me was a small angel. It was such a generous and kind gift. I so love the thoughtfulness and meaning that it gave. It was also a source of comfort for me to wear during the first weeks at my new school in September. I love my new school, I love the new friends I've made and I love my new student. It has had its challenges and times of stress and frustration but I've truly had a wonderful school year.
The end of June I received another charm from my student and his family. He gave me the charm called "forget me knot". I also received a wonderful and touching card from his parents. It's so refreshing and rewarding to hear appreciation and love for doing a job I love. I love looking at the charm and the significance it has to me. I feel truly blessed to be able to work with "P" and have learned many lessons from him. I will never forget the things he has taught me and shown me. I think the charm has the perfect name!
At Christmas, Britt and Makayla added to my charms. They gave me a heart with my birthstone, a red one with hearts, and one that is called "intertwined". I fell more in love with my bracelet. I love thinking about what "intertwined" meant for me, I love thinking of Makayla choosing one just for me and how excited she was for
me to know she choose the red one with hearts.
I'm so grateful for the little reminders and wonderful memories that come to
me when I look at my charms.


No comments:
Post a Comment